Wednesday 16 May 2007

THE LONG AND THE SHORT OF IT



I've heard of the road reserve being referred to as the "long farm" (re hunting or grazing) - but it is rather short from side to side. I suppose I can refer to it as the "long campsite", which is were I camped a short while ago (in the Foley area). I did the long haul there so that I could do the shorter haul to Francistown the following day (and the shortest haul was around the town looking for places). One of those places was the bank, where I stood in a long que for a long time (perhaps they were short-staffed, or short on cash). Today I have a rest day in the very nice Marang Hotel camp site, which is the sort of place I've long looked forward to (although my pleasure will be cut short tomorrow again). Oh yes, I've added up the long k's, and it appears I'm only about 5 k's short of 3000. It shows by the suntan (picture), from wearing the long cycling shorts. So, to cut a long story short, distances since Gaborone have been: Dibete 116 k; Mahalapye 96 k; Palapye 74 k; Foley 111 k; and Francistown 76 k.

1 comment:

santie said...

Go Ernest! Goed om te sien jy's nog oppad (nie seker waarnatoe nie). Geniet jou updates terdee. Bly om te sien jy het nog nie jou sin vir humor verloor nie. Als wel hier in die Kaap. Sterkte op die wapad.